Saturday, April 11, 2009

That's the money you could be saving with ...

Okay, so I've always been interested in advertising campaigns. In advertising, you're trying to take a product, service or maybe even a person and make it (them) accessible and/or attractive to others. The psychology of this and the creativity it would take sound like a lot of fun.

Especially after working at a studio that created music for advertisements, I can be picky about commercials. I sat around for a while today watching television - I don't call it TV because TV is a nickname, and nicknames are for friends, and television is no friend of mine. Anyway, these commercials for insurance companies like Geico, Allstate, et al seem kind of pointless to me.

They all say the same thing: people who switched from ___ to us saved an average of $__. Of course they did. They wouldn't have switched if they weren't going to save money (for the most part). There would be no point because all of these insurance companies are basically the same.

I know their point is that you should check them out and see if you'd save money, but the basis for their argument is kind of shoddy in my opinion.

That, and I didn't have anything more interesting to write here before I leave the house for the night. We can talk later about where the balance point is between churning out content on a deadline and churning out *good* content. At least there's a link to Mr. Show in there ...

No comments: