Monday, May 18, 2009

Classic Cool

So, I've not been posting as much as I would like. Even though the blog challenge that sparked my flurry of activity is over, I was still hoping it'd be an every-other-day type thing.

It's not going to get any easier now that I have a pretty sweet vintage Ludwig drumset to fix up. The original hardware has some pitting in the chrome and, ideally, I would replace it all. However, I wonder if it wouldn't give the drums a little character to leave the original stuff on there and just clean it up as much as possible. New heads, tension rods and a few missing pieces later, I might just have a drumset resembling these:




Needless to say, I'm a little exicted about how they'll look. I'll post pics of the drums once I have the finished product assembled.

No comments: