Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Jokes you should never make

There are a lot of jokes you should just never make. Yes, maybe my vampire joke from a few days ago belongs on that list, but it could be far worse. How do I know it could possibly be worse? Well, aside from regularly thinking of some pretty stupid stuff, I just heard Alton Brown, almost everyone's favorite Food Network celebrity, make the worst joke in television history. Worse than anything on Meet the Browns, though I do see the correlation. Worse than anything Friends ever puked up like some mother bird, regurgitating used up jokes for it's devoted audience in a newer, hipper setting than the last 'best show ever'.

Friends is a horrible piece-of-crap show, by the way, but that's something to talk about later. Right now, I need to get to the un-funny. Here it is, the worst joke ever told on television. I paraphrased all but the 'punchline'.

Alton Brown: ... then you add one tablespoon of instant yeast, one more cup of baker's flour, and you're done.
'French' chef: What the hell are you doing, tool. Don't you know you're supposed to soak the yeast in warm sugar water first?
Alton Brown: Not instant yeast, baguette.
'French' chef: Grumble, grumble ...
Alton Brown: I guess he didn't care for my yeast inflection ...

That's right, the punchline is the part where you, all of the sudden, felt the urge to hit someone. I put it in italics just in case. Who makes jokes about yeast infections? Seriously. Who would ever do that?(Incidentally, ladies, if you or someone you know have jokes of this nature ... shut it.)

I wanted to try and come up with other jokes like this one, you know, to fill out this blog, but I just can't seem to come up with one. It's beyond me.

No comments: