Saturday, August 29, 2009

Continuing the trend ...

It seems like I've been writing a lot of posts centered around me watching the last thirty minutes of a movie and making blind assumptions about what's really going on in that time. This will be another one of those.

I got back from washing my car, at some lunch and, lucky me, Planet of the Apes - the one with Mark Wahlberg - was on FX. I've seen this movie before, so I can't go totally crazy here, but poor Marky Mark ... He helps human and ape live together in harmony, only to travel through time and space to a point where the evil general Thade is an emancipator, taking the place of Abe Lincoln at everyone's favorite monument dedicated to some dude sitting down. (More on that later, maybe)

He gave up an incredibly hot chick and very high status in the new culture between ape and humans. He also, if you really want to go there, gave up getting down with an intelligent, English-speaking ape. Jungle fever seems like an understatement.

All of this, he lost for nothing, and those ape cops weren't exactly giving him those *good vibrations* he seems to like so much. He probably got killed right after the movie fades into the credits for saying 'say hi to your mother for me' as they threw him in the paddy wagon.

Okay, I've used and abused my Mark Wahlberg joke privileges and abilities.

No comments: