Monday, December 21, 2009

For my next trick ...

I stumbled upon what could be the most amazing site on the internet a few minutes ago:

http://www.themagicclassifieds.com/

Go ahead, click the link. It's worth it.

That's right, magic classified ads. Need a new apprentice? Got 'em. Did your rabbit scamper away causing awkward silence at your last birthday party booking? We can get you a gently used rodent for less. Harry Potter feeling lonely on another holiday break from Hogwarts? Check out our enchanting missed connections. Well ... there are no missed connections on that page, but I'm guessing a missed connection for a magical type would be more like putting a pretty lady in the box and having her actually disappear, not just fake disappear:
m4w

Magic show last night. I was performing and put you in a box. Was going to fake-saw you in half, but you were already gone. Would love to charm you by pulling many scarves from my left sleeve. Let's meet up.

Anyway ... imagine my disappointment when I discovered that there is nothing on this page for sale. And not 'nothing' in a way that there's nothing cool. There is quite literally nothing there. The one link to a book that is supposedly for sale doesn't even work.

I was pretty dejected until a friend pointed out that the operator of this magic website had, in a fantastic feat of sorcery, probably just made it all disappear.

No comments: