Sunday, October 25, 2009

Leavin' on a jet plane ...

A few thoughts as I wait for my flight to Philadelphia to depart:

(1) I saw Eddie George, a former Tennessee Titan, walking down the terminal towards me just a few minutes ago.

(2) I like the way Kelly Pickler says Nashville.

Also, I would like to thank Noshville for a relatively tasteless, but filling, egg and cheese bagel and for my accidental invitation to the Convention of Old Jews which occurred in the take-out order line. Key note speaker? How about a middle aged woman teeing off on them for not providing milk for her coffee. Oh, also ....

(3) Speaking of the line at Noshville ... it's probably not your best bet to ask the woman who operates the cash register at a restaurant in the airport about boarding procedures for your flight. Yes, I understand that she does work *in* the airport ... but not *for*. The sad reality is that there is almost no way she can afford to fly and, if you extrapolate and apply the reasons for her current circumstances to her earlier life, she has most likely never been on a plane at all.

No comments: